Opportunities with Genoa Healthcare. A career with Genoa Healthcare means you're part of a collaborative effort to serve behavioral health and addiction treatment communities. We do more than just provide medicine: we change lives for the better. People with serious mental or chronic illness – and those who care for them – have moving stories, and at Genoa we become their voice, their partner. Working as part of a coordinated care team, we partner with community-based providers and others to ensure that people with complex health conditions get the right medications and are able to follow their treatment plans. Our personalized services – in-clinic pharmacies, telepsychiatry and medication management – are leading the way to a new level of care.
We recently joined OptumRx, a pharmacy care services company that is part of Optum and UnitedHealth Group’s family of businesses. We are part of a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone. Take a closer look to learn why a career with Genoa Healthcare might be the path to discovering your life's best work.SM
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Draw blood specimens from the patients of the clinic for laboratory analysis.
- Insure sample is drawn from the proper tube, labeled correctly, and patient is appropriately identified.
- Verifies patient information and laboratory orders and ensures patient signs appropriate contracts for Clozapine Monitoring Program.
- Enters lab data of WBC count for Clozapine patients into the web registry using personal computers and related software.
- Files lab results and other medical information into medical charts and sends copies of lab results to prescribing practitioner and/or facilities (mental health facility, group home, nursing home, etc.)
- Uses patient condition forms when out in field to document any patient changes in behavior and reports these observations to the pharmacist, case managers, nurses, and doctors.
- Assists patients with applications to appropriate manufacturers for Patient Assistance Programs (PAPs).
- Labels and manages PAP medications ensuring medications are delivered to appropriate clients.
- Transports medications and specimens using personal vehicle.
- Cross-trains in compliance with state board of pharmacy as a pharmacy technician.
- Demonstrates timeliness in completing scheduled blood draws at clinics and remains available for courtesy blood draws at designated clinics.
- Adheres to blood borne pathogen standards and bio-medical risk standards as outlined in guide on Phlebotomy techniques.
- Ensures compliance with Infection Control Policy.
- Provides medical staff with non-technical as well as limited technical and procedural support
- Performs laboratory housekeeping tasks including keeping shelves stocked, counters, and supply areas clean.
- Updates professional knowledge and proficiency through continuing education, staff meetings, training, etc.
- Supervises pharmacy interns/students when observing phlebotomist duties.
- Demonstrates knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations governing phlebotomist practices.
- Exhibits knowledge of basic first aide procedure.
- Exercises tact when dealing with mental health patients and being sensitive to timing, situations, and confidential relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
Educational or Skills Requirements:
- Completion of Phlebotomy or Medical Assistant program and at least 1 year experience making draws
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Clear driving record and dependable vehicle
- Must be able to pass background check
Please go to the website to apply, do not contact the Pharmacy directly.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.