We are looking for an experienced and passionate Tools Programmer to become part of our UI team in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
The ideal candidate will be a generalist programmer with a desire to work in multiple domains, working closely with the department Lead to identify, plan, implement, debug, deploy, and support specific tools for game production. The position involves working within cross-disciplinary groups. As a key member of the team, you'll be involved in crafting great AAA games with a great team, using state-of-the-art technology.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter, and additional samples / private projects (github)*
Back to all jobs
- Own parts of the workflow and certain pipeline tools - this includes design, implementation, extension, documentation, communication, identifying weaknesses, making improvements, etc.
- Create accurate task duration estimates and complete all work in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the CRYENGINE department to assure the portability and compatibility of the tools.
- Develop well-designed software in cooperation with leads within project schedule to team standards.
- Provide input in department project status meetings.
- 2+ years of professional experience, ideally on a multi-platform project.
- At least a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties.
- Excellent spoken and written English skill, with a strong affinity for transparency.
- Strong understanding of asset data processing pipelines, algorithms, workflow, and performance impacts.
- Fluent in C++, strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Experience writing tools using other languages, for example C#, .NET or Python.
- Experience with consoles is a plus
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!