Crytek is looking for an experienced and passionate UI Programmer
to work with our game development team at our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
As UI programmer, you will help develop the tools and interaction methods that are required for building user interfaces. Working closely with UX / UI Designers, you will play an important role in how the UI is built and how it will function. The ideal candidate has experience in different parts of game development.
Back to all jobs
- Develop, test, maintain and optimize the UI systems to work efficiently with the supported consoles and platforms, using CRYENGINE and Flash.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
- Write clear, maintainable and portable code.
- Document source code, and write test cases when necessary.
- Write technical and software design documents.
- Work very closely with UI Artists, UX Designers, and other Engineers.
- 3+ years of professional experience as UI Programmer, preferably in the games industry.
- Excellent understanding of C++.
- Worked on a UI oriented project.
- STL experience.
- Experience with Agile development.
- Strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Experience with writing custom controls, skins and other advanced UI features.
- Some knowledge of 3D math.
- Experience with any game engines, preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, a similar degree or comparable experience.
- Experience with consoles.
What you can expect from us:
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!