As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to "level up" our talent for our Bingo team in Toronto. We're on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment. PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays*
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan*
Life Insurance, RRSP matching, Flexible Spending Accounts & More*
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Company Events such as movie night, pub night and more...
You'll be equipped with a high-end laptop, monitor and mobile device
Convenient location in downtown Toronto's entertainment and technology district*Only applies to full-time positions.ABOUT THE ROLE
We're currently looking for a talented UI Developer
to join our Toronto studio! You will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the top creative and analytical talent in a highly profitable mobile game development studio with an array of perks and respect for employee quality of life and personal time.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring UI art assets come to life within the game.
- Taking ownership of the UI art implementation in our games.
- Working on a variety of platforms - iOS, Android, and WebGL.
- Collaborate with Artists, Game Designers and Engineers to deliver high performing quality customer experiences.
- Learn new technologies related to mobile game development and provide evaluations to the lead.
- Contribute to group discussions and incorporate feedback/communication from the broader team.
- Identify technical obstacles early and work closely with the team to find creative solutions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor.
NICE TO HAVE
- 1-2 years of development experience in Unity with C#.
- Experience creating UI and/or animations in Unity.
- Understanding of UI wireframes, user flows, prototypes.
- Skilled in creating a clean and clear user experience.
- An understanding of the asset pipeline for 2D mobile games.
- Familiarity with Agile work environments.
- Strong Animation, Tech Art, or VFX background.
- Knowledge of Git/GitHub.
- Continued education and research into UI development trends.
- And of course, a passion for game development!
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
- Passion for games! You are a regular gamer with experience in a range of games.
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City's global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company's popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.