We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced individual looking for a challenge and change of pace. As a Texture Material Artist, you will report to the Lead Artist/Art Director and work with a team of artists to create textures and/or materials necessary for monthly content pushes and milestones.
We believe in T.E.A.M (Technology, Execution, Advisory and Mastery), which is at the heart of everything that we do. As we consistently expand our presence here in Malaysia, we look for the best talent to help us continually deliver excellence. As such, we believe the Texture Material Artist must be able to maintain and manage high levels of quality while working in a rapid, rigorous, and timely manner; has advanced/intermediate texturing experience in addition to knowledge of art processes and production pipeline.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes effectively to a team-oriented environment.
- Refining personal artistic abilities and knowledge of new software packages and in-house tools constantly.
- Refining artistic abilities and stay up to date with new software packages and/or in-house tools continuously.
- Familiarizing and learning to use proprietary technologies or software necessary.
- Works efficiently and effectively within technical constraints of production while generating high-quality artwork that matches (or) exceeds studios standards.
- Ability to visualize and conceive Textures/Materials in a way that contributes to the overall visual quality of the production.
- Communicates regularly with the Lead Artist regarding the status of current tasks; obtains Lead Artists guidance and approval as required to advance tasks, project initiatives, and milestones.
- Assist in maintaining consistency and quality of textures output with the Leads and Art Director.
- Expert level proficiency in texture software packages including but not limited to 3D-Coat, Quixel Suite, and Substance Suite.
- Solid understanding of procedural Texture/Material techniques and optimization, able to create tiling and unique textures representing a variety of material types.
- Knowledge of PBR and physically based material standards
- Knowledge about material blending systems.
- Able to produce materials in a wide variety of styles, themes, and biomes.
- Proficiency with 3ds Max and/or Zbrush.
- Proficient with the software packages and tools of the games industry.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create results driven, team-oriented environment.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 and able to adapt with different game engines.
- Understanding of In-engine lighting and able to apply to modern rendering technique.
- Traditional Art Skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skill
- Love playing video games
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Note:By submitting your application, you confirm that you have read and understood thePersonal Data Protection Noticeand consent to the processing of your personal data by Streamline.
Please apply via this link: