We are looking for a Technical Artist with a passion for building procedural content pipelines and tools to join our Gods Unchained team.
You'll work closely with both the art and engineering departments to see our game's vision come to life. You will get the chance to develop and work with existing scripts to control materials, animations and VFX. Including the creation of tools to streamline the asset creation process, as well as assisting in correcting any issues that are encountered along the way to optimise artist workflows.
As a Technical Artist for Gods Unchained, you will bring a diverse skill set and an in-depth knowledge of Unity likely working in a games company currently. We require an understanding of both the Art and Programming sides of game development and how they overlap and interact.
To do this, you’ll need a solid foundation in scripting and programming as well as experience with at least one game development toolset.
If you love to light and set-dress effectively, solve technical issues and performance problems, then we’d love to hear from you. We can provide you with career growth and a supportive team and are looking for someone with a passion for learning.
Here’s how you’ll contribute
- Create tools and systems to automate and speed up the art team
- Create and maintain tools and streamline workflows for artists
- Integrate assets into tech systems
- Create and optimise shaders, materials, post-processing effects for deployment into a game engine
- Create and work with existing scripts to control materials
- Create simple control scripts for materials, VFX animation systems
- Find creative solutions for performance concerns related to variations of meshes, textures and art assets
- Iterate the process of environment and asset integration for Gods Unchained
- Work closely and collaboratively with different departments through the agile methodology in Jira
- Analyse when to prioritise tasks long term over the short term
A bit about you
- 2+ years of experience as a Technical Artist in 3D Game Development
- Shipped at least 1 AAA games through the whole development cycle
- Expertise in game development using modern engines, such as Unity, or equivalent internal engine
- Knowledge of all art systems within Unity and can produce quality shaders, animation controllers, particle systems, lighting rigs, post-processing stacks
- Advocate for scalable, performant system and tool improvements, including Game, Art, UI, Animation, VFX and SFX
- Knowledge of performance optimisation for PC and Mobile
- Knowledge of Zbrush, Substance Designer, Substance Painter and a modelling package (Max, Maya or Blender)
- Knowledge of material graphs and particle systems
- Knowledge and Understanding of C#
- Experience of version control ( GIT preferred )
- Ability to find and create solutions to difficult and challenging problems using your technical understanding of both Art and Programming
Some extra skills that would be awesome
- Love for games
- Understanding of Non-Unity tools and support
Some of the things we can offer you
- Some of the things we can offer you
- Competitive salary, plus equity
- Flexibility to work from home regularly
- Located near Central Station in Surry Hills with a rooftop
- Regular, fun social events where we can relax and connect with our teammates
- A very supportive, fun and progressive environment
- We provide you with all the hardware and an additional $750 to set up your new home office
- Perkbox benefits including premium access to calm, an online fitness portal and discounts at major retailers
- Thousands of courses on Go1, Udemy and Naspers
- Access to 24/7 counselling service for you and your family
$100bn was spent on in-game items last year. $0 went to players. We believe that games can and should provide more than just entertainment value for the time and money invested.
Immutable is a leader at the nexus of blockchain technology and gaming, creating truly open digital economies that open up a new world of possibilities for gamers and developers alike. Through our flagship game Gods Unchained, we’re showcasing what this new frontier looks like. With our platform Immutable X, we’re providing the means for developers to build badass games on the Immutable platform, leveraging the expertise and technology process we’ve acquired.
Please apply: On link below