Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what's known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you'll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won't find anywhere else.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
We are looking for a Software Engineer - Trust & Safety who will help keep Roblox the world's largest and safest online playground. You will solve problems that have not been solved before. As a Software Engineer on the Trust & Safety team, you will be responsible for large parts of Roblox's public and internal facing applications. You will be leading and contributing ideas to design and implement cutting edge features which will keep our players safe.You Are:
- Fluent in backend software development
- Focused on safety and always strive to understand the full specifications of a problem before acting
- Experienced with designing, developing, releasing, and maintaining large products at scale
- Always raising the technical bar for the team and identifying processes to improve the team
- A great communicator who can collaborate effectively across teams
- Help develop and build backend services across large distributed systems
- Own writing unit and integration tests
- Define, identify and resolve performance issues
- Provide guidance to help define next generation standards on the backend web and service stack
- Participate in building the world's best user generated gaming platform
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar