Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what's known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you'll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won't find anywhere else.
As a Site Reliability Engineer
, you'll play a contributing role in helping us scale our global infrastructure at a time of incredible growth for our business. At Roblox, you'll have boundless opportunities to shape the future of the Imagination Platform™ and demonstrate your passion for delivering awesome solutions in front of a global audience. If you know what it takes to build and maintain large scale infrastructure that can sustain over two million concurrent players year-round and you take play as seriously as we do, you'll fit right into our highly-skilled and ever-expanding engineering team.You are
- Experienced: you have a BS degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science or related engineering field with at least 5 years of experience with at least 2 years in SRE/DevOps.
- A systems engineer: you have experience building, maintaining, and deploying distributed services and are excited to work with them at a global scale.
- Self-organized: you're excited about getting in front of complex problems, effectively organizing your work to get the job done by any means possible; overcoming emergent high-impact issues and contributing to long-running projects as part of a team comes naturally to you.
- Problem Solver: you ask the right questions to solve issues within your expertise and you use data to test your theories.
- Build, maintain and deploy services that support Roblox's business.
- Build, maintain and deploy process automation to streamline engineering workflows.
- Participate in and contribute to our company-wide SRE community.
- Participate in the on-call rotation for critical services that your team is responsible for.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar