Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what's known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you'll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won't find anywhere else.Senior Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure
As a Software Engineer on the Data Infrastructure team, you will work with the most data passionate and visionary industry experts you'll ever meet. You'll be an important part of moving Roblox to the next generation Data Infrastructure stack, supporting a variety of technologies to support all Data Analytics to shape the future of Roblox. You will work on large-scale batch compute systems that fuel important decision-making, event ingestion of massive scale to ensure timely and quality reporting, and the streaming platforms that make Data at the core of how Roblox operates.You Are:
- Passionate about development: We are Java and Go developers and are looking for applicants who have demonstrable expertise in using these languages at scale.
- 4+ years of experience with AWS Cloud as well as automation frameworks like Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- 4+ years of experience with different real-time data streaming technologies tools such as Kafka, Spark, Beam, Samza or Flink.
- Own design, implementation, testing, and support of next-generation features related to scalability, reliability, robustness, usability, security, and performance of Roblox Core Data Pipeline.
- Capable of working Individually and collaboratively with other engineers.
- Work with our software stack such as: Kafka, Presto, Spark or Flink - the engines upon which we are building our next generation Data Infrastructure for Roblox scale.
- Be a part of a collaborative team: The Data Infrastructure Team and the Analytics Team are combined at Roblox to ensure that data processing and analytics are driven by the user needs such as query patterns and product requirements.
- Work with tech leads to help drive the technical evolution as we continue to scale.
- Be a key contributor in design and architecture of the systems utilized by hundreds of internal stakeholders.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar