Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable-across any device-reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who's ready to take Roblox-and their career-to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®
. We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that's made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
Roblox is all in on going global, and as a member of the Platform Framework Team
, you have the unique chance
to help build the core technologies that will be the foundation of the next generation of a public 'Infrastructure-as-a-service' platform called Roblox Cloud Services. This is much more than just a typical engineering position
. This is an opportunity for you to challenge your engineering talents by building something new and important
, sharing expertise, adopting innovations contributed by other engineering teams, and defining standards and evangelizing them across internal teams and the broader Roblox developer community.
You will be joining a formidable team that owns multiple widely used core technologies, including our microservices framework, code generation, code analysis tools and more.You have:
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Used CI/CD tools to ship products
- Understand differences and values between unit testing, component testing, integration testing
- Shipped code that processes tens of thousands of requests per second
- Deployed products as containers (Docker) and used docker-compose tool
- Deployed products in some cloud orchestration tool (kubernetes, nomad,)
- Built your personal tools that help you automate things in your life or work
- Able to discuss trade-offs between microservices and monoliths
- Produced documentation, tutorials or examples that were consumed by engineers
- Build and optimized tool-chain that other developers use to ship code
- Research and implement new technologies
- Work across the organization to meet the complex developer needs
- Create world-class training content on best practices in software production
Roblox - Powering Imagination#MS 1171
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar