Crytek is looking for a motivated and passionate Senior Rendering Engineer
with focus on real-time raytracing for the CRYENGINE team in our Frankfurt am Main, Germany studio.
Back to all jobs
- Develop and maintain CRYENGINE's cutting edge raytracing pipeline.
- Focus on the unique aspects of raytracing in the real-time context and develop effective hybrid solutions between raytracing and rasterization.
- Conduct CPU and GPU performance and memory profiling and develop optimizations.
- Research and implement next-generation rendering features.
- Investigate, propose and implement generic data-flows and structuring suitable for minimum redundancy in the hybrid pipeline.
- Maintain and extend the utility and usability of the raytracing pipeline layer.
- Deal with the different abstractions of API-supported raytracing on a variety of current and future platforms.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Rendering Engineer.
- Master's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Excellent C++ programming skills.
- Thorough experience with aspects of raytracing (acceleration structures, computational complexity, approximations, sampling and filtering theory).
- Secure utilization of math in the areas of mathematical analysis, linear algebra and computational geometry.
- Familiarity with bi-directional distribution functions and their grounding in physical reality.
- Efficient use of multi-threaded programming patterns.
- In-depth understanding of the graphics pipeline and rendering APIs.
- Profound experience with DirectX 12 or Vulkan.
- Solid shader programming skills (GLSL/HLSL).
- Strong GPU and CPU debugging and optimization skills (RenderDoc/PiX/Nsight).
- Team player and self-motivated.
- Desire to learn, share and contribute.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparency.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience with consoles.
- Deep understanding of the architecture and hardware pipelines of recent GPUs.
- Effective utilization of SIMD instruction-sets, and other vector-parallel designs.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- Support with your first accommodation and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!