Minecraft inspires millions to create together, connects people across the globe, and brings together a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world. The Minecraft team is looking for a program manager to lead and drive the timely delivery of next generation Marketplace technology.
You are a seasoned program manager who has worked on large online services projects. You love bringing definition to complex technology projects and are an expert at navigating ambiguous spaces. Your technical expertise and attention to detail enables you to identify risks, drive development with predictability, and challenge how we work to continuously improve. Relationships and teamwork are important to how you inspire and lead the teams to deliver their best work. You are a team player that does what it takes with no ego. You also have an intolerance for mediocrity and are unafraid to take a stand on what you believe is right.
- Drive definition and alignment of technology initiatives and projects with key stakeholders and teams. Author functional specs and and documentation.
- Champion and evangelize efforts of the team throughout the organization.
- Create schedules and milestones for technology initiatives and projects; Ensure teams understand goals and manage delivery through all phases of development.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams across the organization to ensure timely delivery.
- Identify risks in advance and drive the team towards successful resolution before the risks turn into fires.
- 5+ years of experience as a program manager or related experience. Proven track record of successfully managing technical initiatives.
- Technical acumen and expertise. An understanding of designing, building, delivering, and maintaining applications and services for high availability, resiliency, and performance in a dynamic environment.
- Passion for games and understanding of how games positively affect and influence people's lives. Ability to understand what resonates with players and creators. Demonstrated ability to translate consumer and business goals into end-to-end feature plans (scenarios, functional specs, schedules).
- Ability to work on cross-discipline teams.
- Proven ability to plan, create and maintain a highly effective production schedule for multiple disciplines in all phases of development, from concept to completion.
- You must embrace the ambiguity and take action.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be a master at conflict resolution. Be comfortable presenting and demonstrating products for large and small audiences.
- Be a process architect. The processes we use need to be light and minimalistic, but effective.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and results driven.
- Capable of balancing a project's production requirements within budget and staff limitations while ensuring high production values are never compromised.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.Benefits and Perks Industry leading healthcareSavings and investmentsGiving programsEducational resourcesMaternity and paternity leaveOpportunities to network and connectDiscounts on products and servicesGenerous time away