At Mojang Studios, the creators of Minecraft, our purpose is to build a better world through the power of play. We enable millions to create and play together, connect people across the globe, and foster a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world. Our community is global and incredibly diverse. When we are developing anything within our franchise, we keep this in mind. We want everyone to not only feel included in Minecraft, but also to see themselves in what we make. Our goal is for the Mojang Studios team to be as diverse as our community.
The Minecraft team is looking for a Senior Program Manager to lead and direct the production efforts of our System Engineering and Signals Team.
This team creates and supports build and test automation pipelines spanning 15+ platforms and a range of game titles, services, and other franchise deliverables. Nearly everything we do leverages cloud services such as Azure DevOps, GitHub, AppCenter, dozens of Azure resources and more.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about end-to-end build infrastructure that is fast, reliable, maintainable and a joy to use. We are looking for someone that thrives on providing great customer service and creating a supportive environment for their team. You love using your technical background to bring clarity and understanding to complex technology projects, and can effectively communicate the work, timelines, and risks to any audience.
As a motivated and experienced leader, you are constantly looking to evolve our vision, processes, documentation, and communication. Your technical acumen and attention to detail enables you to identify risks, drive development with predictability, and challenge how we work to continuously improve. Relationships and teamwork are important to how you inspire and lead teams to deliver their best work.
Your role will be to collaborate across the organization, understand and communicate requirements and information efficiently and effectively, present to senior leadership, and develop relationships that lead to efficient problem solving. The ability to track multiple release activities simultaneously will be key.Responsibilities
- Lead and grow a team of local and remote Program Managers.
- Partner with leadership to establish clear, measurable goals for your teams and greater organization and manage delivery through all phases of development.
- Work across Mojang Studios with key stakeholders to track technology initiatives, interpret requirements, and build well-scoped and incremental plans.
- Own clear, clean, and quantitative reporting up to leadership to provide visibility for timely delivery or highlight areas of risk.
- Resolve issues regardless of team boundaries; drive for high-quality code through metrics and optimizing engineering workflows.
- 5+ years as a program manager and 3+ years managing people.
- Experience working with both engineering and support teams.
- Experience running multiple or larger teams using both Office Suite as well as project management software (Jira, ADO, GitHub, Hansoft, Asana etc.).
- Understands all aspects of production methodologies, project management, and has strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must excel working in complex and ambiguous environments.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.Benefits and Perks Industry leading healthcareSavings and investmentsGiving programsEducational resourcesMaternity and paternity leaveOpportunities to network and connectDiscounts on products and servicesGenerous time away