As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to "level up" our talent. We're on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment. PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Kin Care & Holidays*
100% Covered Medical and Company-Sponsored Dental & Vision (Plans Vary)*
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More*
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Wellness Activities & Programs (Yoga & Zumba)
12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave*
Only applies to full-time positions.ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for an amazing Senior Product Manager
. In this role, you will own the development of new features, define product strategy, and analyze game data - all in order to increase player delight. You should have experience driving growth in a successful free to play mobile game. This person will work closely with and provide direction to Game Designers, Data Analysts, Producers, and Engineers. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Product Strategy - Owning product strategy, defining features, and crafting roadmaps that drive the business; and satisfy players.
- Analytical Thinking - Expert proficiency of game metrics that are used to form hypotheses, and creates experiments with clear measurable goals.
- Product Management - Effortlessly able to communicates relevant KPIs and updates to key stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- Self Starter - Leads and facilitates teams with little direction and no help. Understands/utilizes all partners needed to consult on product decisions.
- Inspire - Ability to lead cross-functional teams through influence, and demonstrating a full understanding of what your products need to grow.
- Communication & Execution - Expert at setting expectations, and consistently manages projects to deadlines while avoiding unneeded crunch.
- Written Communication - Writes clear and thorough specs for complex features, including areas that require cross-functional knowledge/collaboration, with few errors.
- Analytical Thinking - Analyzes data, builds automated reports, and works with Analytics team to get all necessary data at the right time to manage game metrics.
- Analytical Thinking - Proficient at leading analysis for new initiatives, pulling and assessing data from multiple sources, and generating non-obvious insights.
- Live-Ops Management - Ability to manage a full live-ops event calendar to maximize revenue and keep players engaged through balancing and optimizations.
- Team Leadership - Works with game teams to identify, test, and measure highest-impact product changes to drive positive revenue, reach and retention enhancements.
- PM Leadership - Able to manage and mentor PM's and Junior PM's.
- Proficient Researcher - Able to successfully lead player interviews, perform AB tests, and perform usability testing without bias.
- Operational Efficiencies - Identifies tools and capabilities Jam City needs and work with technical teams to build, refine, and constantly improve our tools and capabilities
NICE TO HAVE
- You love games! You have a passion for creating new game features and playing games.
- 3-5+ years of experience in games and mobile app product management.
- Personality and constitution suited for rapidly evolving startup environment.
- Has worked independently and managed a complete project from concept to completion.
- Expert level quantitative and analytical skills; the ability to derive conclusions from data and clearly communicate findings is critical.
- Expert level experience with writing SQL queries for analysis.
- Expert level organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Has managed direct reports in the past
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
- Game design and/or UI/UX background and experience.
- Python and/or scala familiarity.
- In-depth knowledge on how data pipelines work.
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City's global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company's popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.