Crytek is looking for a Senior Level Designer
to work on an unannounced AAA project in our Frankfurt, Germany based studio.
As a senior level designer you will support and mentor level designers within the team, working closely with team leads to ensure the vision of the game is presented in the missions appropriately. You design and create fun, exciting, beautiful environments from conception to completion, creating paper designs, contributing to design discussions and solving design challenges. Appreciation of technology and architecture is a plus.Sample pictures and portfolio link, which shows sample work are necessary.
Back to all jobs
- Execute the design direction and be responsible for designing and building level content from whitebox to final quality
- Mentor, encourage and inspire team members around you
- Take part in playtesting and ensure feedback is applied
- Proactively solve issues and seek feedback to ensure your work is always the best it can be
- Communicate and work closely with other departments
- Ensure your work meets technical standards and is bug free
- 5+ years of professional experience as Level Designer
- At least two shipped AAA titles on PC or consoles (please list title(s)).
- Excellent sense for design and creating outstanding user experiences
- Excited, passionate and self-motivated
- Must be able to adapt to new technologies
- Excellent English communication and writing skills
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude
- Be proactive and self-motivated
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany
- Previous team leadership experience
- Strong understanding of level design principles, pacing and mission flow
- Experience with visual scripting or experience with 3D modelling software
- Working knowledge of CryEngine Sandbox toolset
- Strong communicator, able to easily present ideas and information to the team
- Understanding of game design theory and practice
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!