Gearbox software is looking for content artists to help craft detailed artwork for open world games based on Unreal technology. Artists are responsible for creating the props and architecture that make environments look incredible. Must have excellent skills in prop and modular kit creation, experience with substance painter and designer. Scene creation and lighting is a plus. Experience with substance painter and material creation is also a plus.
- Create amazing look props that help build visually stunning scenes.
- Build modular architecture and kits to make world build easy and consistent.
- Collaborate with concept artists, level artists and designers to bring the artistic vision to completion.
- Work with designers to give special moments and events high quality art.
- Work from documentation, guides and other art direction to maintain quality and standards.
- Work with others within a team to manage the planning, creation and completion of art sets within budgets and schedules.
- Must be highly experienced with the fundamentals of 3D art creation including high poly and low poly modeling, UV layout, texture and material creation.
- Must be effective collaborator and communicator that can work with leads, directors and with other departments to deliver work on time.
- Be proficient in 3D Studio Max, Substance Painter, Photoshop, and Zbrush.
- Able to plan the creation of multiple art assets to meet the art needs of entire environments and see them through to completion.
- Effective at giving feedback to both internal and external artists under guidance provided by leads and directors.
- Passion for stylized artwork is a plus.
- Modular kit creation experience is a plus.
- Experience with world building and environment creation for open world games is a plus.
- Substance designer, PBR fundamentals, Unreal engine 4.26, and higher experience is a plus.
- Lighting in unreal and substance material creation is a plus.