Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what's known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you'll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won't find anywhere else.
As Senior Animation Engineer
on the Roblox Game Reference team, you will leverage the Roblox game engine and tools to build groundbreaking experiences that push the boundaries of what is possible on the platform. Your efforts will not only help create amazing content, but more importantly, will help us highlight issues, improve and extend our animation tech, tools and pipeline for all developers. These efforts will enable our game developers to create engaging and delightful experiences for our millions of players.
We are looking for an engineer who is passionate about animation and world class user experiences including both usability and performance.. You need to be proficient in C++ and have experience working on animation systems and tools. Prior experience with animation for games / interactive experiences is a huge plus. You Are:
- Experienced with animation: 5+ years of experience with significant knowledge of character animation, game engines and tools
- Proficient in C++ or C#: Strong C++/C# programming skills with an ability to write high quality, performant code; experience with Lua is a plus
- Passionate about interactive: You are driven to build amazing experiences with great animations for users on the platform
- Foundation oriented: You believe that strong 3D math skills and a well thought out code architecture are important
- Performance-minded: You embrace software performance considerations, with an ability to implement performant solutions for platforms including mobile
- Self driven: Self-sufficient, self-organized and able to take ownership of a project throughout its full lifecycle
- Team player: Ability to work closely with and inspire the rest of your team while displaying excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Help develop experiences that push the quality bar beyond what was previously thought possible on the platform
- Analyze existing animation tech and tools and determine what is needed to meet a project's objectives
- Author documentation on issues, improvements and feature requests for all aspects of character animation tech on Roblox
- Work closely with gameplay engineers to implement gameplay interactions using animation tech
- Implement innovative solutions to feature requests and collaborate with the Roblox avatar animation team on larger features
- Have fun working with our internal content teams and community developers to improve the overall state of animation on Roblox
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar