We are looking for a Senior AI Programmer
to work with our gamedevelopment team in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
The Senior AI Programmer
will leverage its knowledge and existing engine code base to architect and enhance AI, in addition to promoting their use within the team.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced AI programmer with a desire to work together with game designers and other members of the team to collaborate on the implementation of AI behaviors and rules, defining combat experience etc. This is a position where design, AI code implementation, creative tools improvements and use by example are all parts of the daily job. The position involves working within cross-disciplinary groups.
As a key member of the team you will be involved in crafting great AAA games with a great team using state-of-the-art technology.
Back to all jobs
- Work with existing engine code base to architect and enhance AI.
- Develop AI / game code as well as tools and extend it for high profile projects.
- Create immersive and compelling combat experiences.
- Optimize and debug high-end Console and PC performance.
- Specify and contribute to testing procedures.
- Integrate creative and technical design processes while ensuring that high production values are never compromised.
- Create accurate task duration estimates and complete all work in a timely basis.
- Create documentation where required.
- Develop well designed software within project schedule to team standards.
- Actively participate in a team working on project by making recommendations on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Work as a role model in terms of communication, quality and team spirit, mentor/inspire junior members.
- At least 5 years of professional work experience as Programmer in the games industry.
- At least a Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Worked on shipped products on either console or PC.
- In depth knowledge/experience with practical Game AI techniques in context of games/real-time applications.
- Strong interest in researching and implementing new AI related technologies.
- Passion for making games.
- Excellent understanding of C++ in a games development environment.
- Experience with any game engine (preferably CRYENGINE).
- Experience with current Console and PC development processes.
- Experience with game development tools and methods.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Show a strong passion for making the highest quality / state of the art games
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!