We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior 3D Engine Programmer
to support the CRYENGINE team in our Frankfurt am Main, Germany studio.
For almost 20 years, Crytek has been at the cutting-edge of computer graphics performance. Our award-winning CRYENGINE empowers developers and creatives at our own studios and licensees worldwide - from small indies to AAA powerhouses - to deliver unique experiences, create new worlds, and ultimately make awesome games.
Join us and we'll do brilliant work together.*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples / private projects (github)*
Back to all jobs
- Develop and maintain CRYENGINE's 3D-Engine.
- Research and implement innovative solutions for space partitioning, acceleration structures and data streaming.
- Work on cutting edge algorithms for procedural content generation (real-time and offline).
- Debug and optimize on multiple platforms to ensure performance targets are achieved.
- Be a role model for junior and regular programmers and take part in the mentoring process inside the discipline.
- 5+ years of professional experience in the games industry.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Excellent C++ programming skills.
- Strong understanding of concurrent and vectorized algorithms.
- Solid debugging and optimization skills.
- Experience with cross platform development.
- Experience with graphics APIs such as Vulkan, DirectX, OpenGL, Open Scene Graph, OGRE etc.
- Experience with game engines preferably with CRYENGINE.
- Understanding of the graphics pipeline.
- Strong passion for video game technology.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience with large code bases.
- Experience with digital content creation (DCC) tools.
- Passion for making great games.
- Management and leadership skills.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!