Crytek is looking for a motivated and passionate Rendering Engineer with focus on virtual reality for the CRYENGINE team in our Frankfurt am Main, Germany studio.
Back to all jobs
- Develop and maintain CRYENGINE's cutting edge virtual reality pipeline.
- Focus on the unique aspects and limitations of current and future virtual reality devices.
- Develop innovative rendering solutions for the virtual reality environment.
- Profile virtual reality applications and develop optimizations in the VR context.
- Evaluate common VR related pitfalls and propose improvements and solutions.
- Oversee the operation of supported and upcoming head-mounted displays, as well as the techniques specific to virtual reality.
- 2+ years of professional experience as a Rendering/Graphics/VR Engineer, preferably in the gaming industry.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Excellent C++ programming skills.
- Good understanding of the graphics pipeline.
- Experience in some high performing rendering API (Vulkan, DirectX 11/12).
- Solid shader programming skills (GLSL/HLSL).
- Basic GPU and CPU debugging and optimization skills (RenderDoc/PiX).
- Experience with cross platform engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Team player and self-motivated.
- Desire to learn, share and contribute.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparency.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience with consoles.
- Understanding of the hardware pipelines of recent GPUs
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- Support with your first accommodation and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!