Are you passionate about building strong teams that can predictably deliver on the creative goals and vision of a world class entertainment franchise? Do you take pride helping coach your teams to deliver on their best work through learning from your experience, while being humble enough to listen and learn from their perspectives? Are you a thoughtful and honest communicator that seeks to provide respectful candid feedback to your team, partners, and studio leadership? Are you able to be transparent, driven, and forthright for a sustainable development model? Do you strive to maintain a player-first focus? Are the needs of the player and their goals considered key pillars for your deliverables?
If this describes you, 343 Industries is looking for you to be the Live Design Director for Halo Infinite.
As a Live Design Director, you'll be responsible for maximizing the quality and performance of your design team in meeting the creative direction for our Live game model. As a Live Design Director, you'll work closely with our creative leadership to define a vision that innovates and keeps our players delighted and engaged while holding your team accountable to the quality of execution of our experiences. As a Live Design Director, you'll be accountable to your partner teams for clear communication and alignment on goals and expectations, as well as to your Production Lead in helping develop a predictable development model that delivers on our product goals while still prioritizing the health and fulfillment of your talented team.Responsibilities
- Work with your Creative Lead, Production Lead, and cross-team Creative Directors to organize Player goals, vision, and business goals into clear execution plans and development roadmap.
- Develop and manage trusted partnerships with Business, Marketing, Community, Esports, Franchise, Xbox Platform, and cross-creative teams to ensure alignment and honestly represented.
- Utilize your experience in this space to challenge concepts and articulate execution concerns with balancing team health and product quality.
- Lead in innovation and identification of strategic opportunities that could be achieved by your team.
- Be the champion for quality within your areas of the product, identifying critical elements that need to be addressed if they aren't meeting our quality goals.
- Collaborate with Area Leads, Creative Leads, and Design Leads needed to drive success of your goals by providing clear feedback, guidance, and direction to be aligned with your creative vision. This includes defining the gate or milestone model for product definitions, prototype development, as well as pre and post-production models.
- Drive a culture of respectful feedback, collaboration, transparency, and trust across all areas of the team.
- Deliver a development model that enables the team to iterate on our game experiences, while always striving to align with both player feedback and business goals.
- Lead the design team on the strategies to be used by your organization and develop process models; leading design feedback sessions, playtest models, and representing your team's deliverables with leadership.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.Benefits and Perks Industry leading healthcareSavings and investmentsGiving programsEducational resourcesMaternity and paternity leaveOpportunities to network and connectDiscounts on products and servicesGenerous time away