Minecraft inspires people around the world to create together and has resulted in one of the most active and passionate player communities in history. The game is available on dozens of platforms, including cell phones, PCs and consoles, and is the best selling game of all time with over 200 million copies sold, and over 100 million players every month. The Marketplace team on Minecraft is looking for a developer to lead and drive the game technology related to the player's identity.Industry leading healthcareSavings and investmentsGiving programsEducational resourcesMaternity and paternity leaveOpportunities to network and connectDiscounts on products and servicesGenerous time away
This highly important engineering leadership role will be to lead a group of software engineers on the Minecraft Identity team, where you will take end-to-end ownership of adding and creating new features that keep track of the player's information and entitlements, linking them to Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, Nintendo Account, and others across the Minecraft franchise. As the owner, you will evaluate requirements, define criteria, estimate costs, and integrate software into our products. You will have the ability to greatly shape the player experience and will be responsible for features visible to all Minecraft players that determine how they play the game and what the future of Minecraft looks like. This role will require the insight and experience of delivering quality work while balancing various dependencies, risk, and timelines.
As a seasoned software engineering leader, you will work with peers across disciplines (Design, Production, and Test) to build robust and high-quality features on a predictable schedule. Identifying technological opportunities for improvements, as well as a constant drive for bug-free code will be critical in the success of the role. You will also be relied upon for working with other engineers to guide their work.
Successful candidates should have a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, solid algorithmic foundation, sharp technical design skills, a healthy appetite for tackling hard, ambiguous problems, and strong people management/leadership skills.
- Lead in C++ design and implementation. Mentor other team members on proper C++ usage.
- Strong communicator who can reach successful outcomes through collaboration.
- Author highly stable and maintainable code, and delivery it in a timely manner.
- Lead a team to deliver high performance
- Readily accept constructive feedback from peers about submitted code.
- Participate in code reviews of peers' code.
- Ability to lead and inspire
- Experience managing vendors or external partners
- Has 8+ years of experience developing in C++, preferably cross-platform
- Understands the architecture and development of modern game engines
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and takes initiative to drive progress
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience working directly with mobile or console platform APIs is desired
- Skills and demonstrated product impact in web technologies such as REST, HTTP, JSON is highly desired
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks