Crytek is looking for an experienced and passionate Lead Software Engineer to shape the next generation of content production tools in CRYENGINE.
As the Lead Software engineer you will oversee the Sandbox engineering team, providing technical guidance, mentoring, and an environment that fosters innovation.
You will work together with the Technical Director in defining the roadmap for the editor framework technology stack and drive its implementation. You will also work closely with the CRYENGINE product team, assisting in the design of cutting-edge content editing tools and efficient content creator workflows.
Join us and we'll invent the future together. *Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume and cover letter explaining why you are an ideal candidate and applying for the job.*
Back to all jobs
- Lead the development of CRYENGINE's editor framework.
- Design innovative tools and efficient workflows together with the UX/UI department.
- Ensure reliability and stability of the editor code base.
- Contribute to Developer and end-user documentation.
- Guide and mentor fellow engineers.
- Assist in the recruitment process.
- Take initiative and be willing to expand own horizon.
- Delegate effectively, while involving team members in decision making processes
- 5+ years professional experience working with C++.
- 3+ years of leading engineering teams.
- Experience with toolkits for creating desktop applications such as Qt, WPF, etc.
- Experience shipping software products.
- Experience with game engines, preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate toFrankfurt am Mainarea, Germany.
- Development experience on Apple, Linux, and Android platforms.
- Experience with content importer toolchains, for example for 3ds max or Photoshop.
- Game development experience.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Supported German lessons for our employees
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment
- ...and much more!