We are looking for a Lead Game Programmer
to support our team in our Frankfurt, Germany based studio.*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples*
Back to all jobs
- Lead the game programming discipline and enable them to reach their full potential.
- Work with existing engine code base to develop and enhance game play. This can include player / world interaction, AI strategies and rules, game play, etc.
- Develop and extend game systems for a high profile game.
- Develop well designed software within project schedule to team standards.
- Document source code.
- Coordinate tasks and technical implementation with the Technical Director and other programming Leads based on the current roadmap.
- Create immersive and compelling gameplay experiences.
- Debug and optimize latest console and PC performance.
- Specify and contribute to testing procedures.
- Show a strong passion for making the highest quality state of the art games.
- Continue to enhance programming and communications skills.
- Proactively drive your team and improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Provide input to department project status meetings.
- Coordinate with other studio groups including art, design and production to achieve project objectives.
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent very high quality standard.
- Excellent communication and writing skills and create documentation where required.
- Be a role model for Regular/Senior programmers and oversee the mentoring process inside the discipline.
- 7+ years of professional software development experience as programmer within the games industry or equivalent.
- Shipped at least 1 product on either console or PC from beginning to end.
- Demonstrated ability to apply creative and technical design processes while ensuring that high production values are never compromised.
- Adopt existing development processes and look for improvements.
- Previous experience in a combat, melee or shooter based game, ideally multiplayer.
- Passion for making games.
- Excellent understanding of C++ in a games development environment.
- Strong mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with state-of-the-art game development tools and methods.
- Experience with multi-threading.
- Experience with network profiling and optimization.
- Experience with any game engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, a similar degree or comparable experience
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!