We are looking for an experienced, passionate and ambitious Lead Character Artist
to join our studio in Frankfurt, Germany.
Back to all jobs
- Lead character art team on a large franchise
- Mentor and help team members to grow and excel within their roles
- Keep a healthy and positive working environment
- Maintain the original vision of the game
- All aspect of character creation and integration in a PBR pipeline
- Maintain the high quality bar expected from Crytek products
- Keep a good relationship and information flow between connected departments
- Ensure that all aspects of art production are completed on a timely basis to a high standard
- Work closely with character Art Director and Game Director to support the game vision
- Define work processes together with the Art and Project Managers
- Help prototype new technologies on the given platforms
- Work together with our Research and Development department to improve workflow
- 5 years professional production experience with various released titles
- Evidence of being a leader or role model, within their trade, at a team level and with the necessary management skills to run a team on a day-to-day basis
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about their craft and an avid gamer
- Demonstrable history of actively supporting art direction and remaining faithful to a project's art direction
- Technically minded and capable of pushing technologies supporting current and future character pipelines
- The ability to create photorealistic game assets based on photo references or concept art and transfers them within the constraint of real time game engine.
- Knowledge of major software packages (3dsmax, Maya, Substance, Zbrush, Marvelous Designer, etc...)
- A portfolio that demonstrates the following:
- Strong knowledge of anatomy and form
- Keen eye for detail and realism
- Strong cloth modeling skills, using Marvelous Designer and latest techniques in the field
- High poly models and their game ready conversion including photorealistic heads and hair
- Strong texturing skills for PBR pipeline
- Knowledge of hard surface modeling pipelines
- Strong artistic background, with examples of traditional work (drawings, sculpting...) being a plus
- Willingness to relocate to Frankfurt, Germany
- Experience with outsourcing pipeline and feedback loop
- Knowledge and practical use of Cryengine and Xgen
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Working with cutting edge technology.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- Support with your first accommodation and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!