As the Lead of the DevOps and Build Engineers Team, you will be responsible for the architecture and technical leadership of the entire DevOps infrastructure, and together with your team you will create and maintain a wide variety of internal services that support our Game Development Teams. Additionally, you will also be responsible for mentoring, supporting and offering guidance to your colleagues in respect to their development efforts. Also, and in collaboration with our Game and Engine Technical Directors you will define the roadmap for CRYENGINE deployment and the continuous integration/delivery service, and in consideration of internal projects and release dates oversee its execution.
The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to eliminate redundancy and minimize human interaction with our systems, and will be someone that not only brings that desire, but also enthusiasm and technical creativity to the rest of the DevOps Team.
Back to all jobs
- Own and develop deployment strategies that allow DevOps Engineers to successfully deploy and release CRYENGINE and Crytek games for any environment
- Proactively identify and resolve bottlenecks in existing build, deployment and development tools
- In collaboration with Game and Engine Technical Directors define and ensure execution of the CRYENGINE and Game roadmaps
- Maintain and improve the build system framework to ensure streamlined implementation
- Design comprehensive automation systems and scaling strategies that drive the development and its optimization
- Build and maintain the infrastructure for code reviews, automated testing and code validation
- Own our extended meta-build system (tools around CMake)
- Create concise technical documentation that will assist all teams in understanding the implemented systems
- Lead, mentor and provide guidance to fellow DevOps and Build Engineers
- Encourage and support knowledge-sharing
- Play a key role in the recruiting process of the DevOps and Build Engineers Team
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the games industry, preferably as a DevOps or Build Engineer
- Proven experience in leading and managing a team of Engineers
- Thorough knowledge in administering CI/CD systems (Jenkins), particularly writing and maintaining pipelines
- Excellent knowledge of Perforce software both as an Administrator and as a user
- Solid knowledge of Python
- Experience with the release process for a multiplatform product (PC and consoles)
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence and GitHub and their scripting APIs
- Strong understanding in administering Windows and Linux systems
- Good understanding of Git
- Proficient with CMake
- Familiar with troubleshooting C++ compilation issues
- Experience with Docker
- Highly proficient written and spoken English and excellent communication skills
- Helix Swarm experience
- Experience with Groovy or Java
- Knowledge of industry-standard build automation tools
- Passion for making great games
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- Support with your first accommodation and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!