We are seeking a Lead 3D Environment Artist tojoinour talented team, with team members based in New York City, Montréal (and some fully remote), working on our new action-RPG title.
The right candidate for this position will work closely with the Art and Design Director s to establish an iconic, stylized look for the next generation of consoles and PC . You will share our passion for thinking differently about how games can look and feel and possess exceptional ability to communicate and demonstrate new ideas . You will be instrumental in defining a cohesive visual style over the entire project . Responsibilities
- S et the tone for the look and feel of the entire world , w orking in close concert with project and technical directors .
- Establish quality and technical metrics in collaboration with other departments .
- Lead and motivate the environment team and nurture individual success and goals.
- Assist with recruiting, onboarding and mastery of our tools and pipeline.
- Work with design to establish rough level layouts in conjunction with the level design team .
- Work with engine and tools teams to brainstorm an d demonstrate new technical ideas and solutions.
- Work with Art Director and Art Production manager to create and schedule assets for outsourcing.
- Participate in planning and critiquing of the project and collaborate on solutions to feedback .
- At least 4 years of games industry experience and at least 1 title shipped as Senior or Lead artist .
- Expert knowledge of the various components of an environment art pipeline, including terrain generation and navmesh , vegetation, UV and material authoring, LOD , collision mesh creation , post process and lighting.
- Strong organic and hard surface skills with an excellent eye for proportions and consistency.
- Robust knowledge of modular approaches and modular kit set organization and implementation.
- Excellent knowledge of Unreal .
- Excellent understanding of memory , frame and polygonal budgets and scene profiling and optimization approaches .
- Deep understanding of game development process and methodology.
- Able to reliably communicate and produce content in a self-disciplined remote work environment.
- Authorized to work in either the US or Canada
- Strong design and color theory principles a strong plus.
- Basic Unreal blueprint knowledge a plus .
- Ability to set up and animate simple e nvironment objects like doors and fans in Unreal is a plus .
- Knowledge of procedural asset generation with software like Houdini a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Among Industry leaders in PTO and work life balance
- Flexible Work-From-Home options
- Comprehensive f amily health coverage