Interactive Licensing Director, Business Development and Licensing
Gearbox Entertainment is looking for a talented, passionate, experienced leader who will play a pivotal role in maximizing the potential of Gearbox IP in the interactive space. You will be coordinating with our internal game, marketing and external partner teams while defining and driving the content submissions process on a new, exciting interactive products and projects.
- An industry veteran - You have been around the block, collecting meaningful experience in development or publishing roles along the way.
- A people person - You always seek to foster deeper and more productive relationships with the people around you. You treat them the way you wish to be treated - within the company and with our external partners. You understand that these relationships are built through trust and transparency.
- Inclusive - You are open-minded and respectful of difference. We work globally with teams that operate internationally.
- Multi-Disciplined - You are a swiss army knife. Familiar with numerous aspects of game making and publishing: production, design, tech, marketing, PR, social media, analytics, monetization, and live services.
- A Communicator - You have excellent verbal and written communications skills. You adapt your style to the audience, always striving to create alignment, excitement, and clarity up and down the organization.
- Accountable - You take ownership over your game projects and feel a strong sense of ownership of everything you work on regardless of scale, scope, or visibility.
- Adaptable - You love figuring out newer and better ways to do your job smarter, faster and more effectively. You are not prideful about where the ideas come from because the best ideas win.
- Develop and run a content-submission process that accurately tracks the status of all material submitted to licensors and partners.
- Manage submission risks, identifying and resolving issues before they become delivery blockers, work with internal and external partners on mitigation strategies.
- Triage licensor feedback, coordinating and collaborating with all parties to assure timely alignment and high-quality assets.
- Work closely with development team stakeholders, defining and driving an efficient and predictable submissions process that meets needs of all involved parties.
- Maintain awareness of product and marketing roadmaps. Proactively recognize interdependencies, anticipating impact of changes on submissions and approval timelines.
- 5+ years of experience in development, publishing, or partnership management positions at industry-leading game companies. Must have demonstrated consistent career growth.
- Work with or on world-class IP/franchises a big plus.
- Saw at least one title from concept to launch and have worked on multiple major games across your career.
- Experience working on post-launch live operations (preferably mobile) and GaaS games is key.