Crytek is looking for a Hard Surface Artist
to join our art team in our Frankfurt, Germany
based studio. Sample pictures or portfolio link, which shows sample work are necessary.
Back to all jobs
- 2+ years experience in game development
- Last and/or current gen console experience
- Expert understanding of current game art processes, limitations and dependencies
- Strong knowledge of 3ds Max or Blender, Photoshop, Substance Painter and Zbrush
- Strong knowledge of common real-time game engines
- Ability to deliver and receive constructive feedback
- Good English communication and writing skills.
- Positive, problem-solving and team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- A portfolio or reel that demonstrates the following:
- Heavy focus on Hard Surface art (Weapons, Vehicles, Props)
- Proficiency in high and low poly modeling
- Proficiency in Texturing, following PBR rules
- Strong technical skills (clean modeling / baking / UVs etc.
- Strong artistic skills (Shapes / colors / proportions)
- Keen eye for detail and realism
- Understand and follow style guides to guarantee the consistency of the game.
- Provide and accept direction.
- Explore new technologies on the given platforms to achieve best possible results.
- Work within inter-disciplinary teams of artists, designers and animators.
- Coordinate with other studio groups including animation and production to achieve project objectives.
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Experience with CRYENGINE
- Experience with procedural content creation
- Experience with Substance Designer
- Industrial design background
- Traditional painting skills
- Outsourcing experience
- Ability to create new and refine existing designs
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Supported German lessons for our employees
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment
- ...and much more!