Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what's known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you'll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won't find anywhere else.WHY ROBLOX?
Roblox's Imagination Platform is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, enabling kids of all ages to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Powered by a global community of millions of developers and creators, Roblox allows anyone to build, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable.
comScore ranks Roblox as one of the top online entertainment platforms for audiences under the age of 18 based on average monthly visits and time spent. In addition, Roblox has been named one of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies on the Inc. 5000 for the past two consecutive years.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.Role:
As an engineering manager of the Microservice Platform Team
, you will be responsible for our internal Developer Experience and tooling. With hundreds of thousands of containers spawned across public and private cloud, our goal is to provide solutions to ship and operate software, fast and reliably, at Roblox scale. While designing the foundation of our Distributed Systems and Infrastructure, we leverage Cloud Native technologies that support the company's ambitious goals.
With millions of concurrent players around the globe, and hundreds of millions of monthly active users, we face unparalleled challenges that only a handful of companies do.
This is an opportunity for you to challenge your engineering talents by building something new and important
, sharing expertise, adopting innovations contributed by other engineering teams, and defining standards and evangelizing them across internal teams and the broader Roblox developer community.
You will be joining a passionate and collaborative team that owns multiple widely used core technologies, including our microservices framework, code generation tools, code analysis tools, and more.You Are:
- A leader with a proven track record of strong people management skills and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers
- Passionate about developer experience.
- Able to contribute to architecture and implementation discussions across platforms
- Experienced, with 4+ years in an engineering management role and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- Effective at driving projects and comfortable getting your hands dirty when needed
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution
- Data-driven with an ability to deliver quality metrics and monitoring
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution
- Provide guidance on architecture and design, and define processes for launching products and features
- Provide mentoring to both junior and senior engineers in their progress on business and personal career goals
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar