Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what's known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you'll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won't find anywhere else.
As the Public Policy Director for the UK, you will be playing a key role in defining our local strategy, including how our participation in trade groups, work with NGOs, regulatory commitments and compliance, and work to scale our business will help best position Roblox for the future. You will cover issues in mainland EU, since you will be closest to that timezone, and report findings back to HQ. You will understand our Community Rules and other policies and developing and refining specific principles and policies. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and remotely from HQ, and collaboratively with all internal stakeholders. You're comfortable identifying policy issues, solving those issues, and bringing improved products to our players and creators. You should be passionate about our mission, the community we serve, and the policy issues we need to address. Above all else, you appreciate that relationships often drive outcomes and work excellently and collaboratively with others.This role will be based in London.You Will:
- Define a comprehensive Public Policy for the UK, parts of the EU, and implement related programs
- Identify, monitor, and analyze policy issues affecting Roblox in the UK and EU
- Advise Roblox internal stakeholders on public policy matters as inputs to the development of our products and business operations
- Articulate our public policy positions in briefing papers and consultation responses
- Communicate with external stakeholders on behalf of Roblox on public policy topics
- Communicate the public policies to all internal stakeholders at the company. Provide governance for and stakeholder updates on product policies
- Ensure that Roblox stays in compliance with our product policies
- Oversee and influence change necessary to achieve policy compliance objectives and foster a culture of compliance across the organization.
- Work with external stakeholders, to understand and account for the views of external stakeholders about our product policies
- Bachelor's degree in Policy, Law, Media, Science, Engineering, Technology, or related field of study or equivalent.
- 7+ years of experience as a Public Policy Leader at an internet, e-commerce, social, or gaming company
- Experience working with policymakers, child safety groups and international organizations
- Experience working with cross-functional teams consisting of business operations, financial and legal stakeholders
- Experienced with project/program management and able to keep multiple concurrent deliverables moving forward
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar