At Mojang Studios, the creators of Minecraft, we are on a mission to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It's the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
We enable millions to create and play together, connect people across the globe, and foster a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world. Our community is global and incredibly diverse. When we are developing anything within our franchise, we keep this in mind. We want everyone to not only feel included in Minecraft, but also to see themselves in what we make. Our goal is for the Mojang Studios team to be as diverse as our community.
Want to help people create amazing things in Minecraft? Minecraft creators fuel many of the exciting experiences that players have in Minecraft. Our creator team is focused on refining and building out the creator experiences so that our creators can create the best experiences for players. The Mojang creator team is looking for a seasoned experience designer who can help distill complex ideas into something relatable and easily understood. You will bring definition to complex concepts and help us evolve our modding and creation tool approaches. Your user design thinking and attention to detail enables you to bring together the best ideas from your team and shape them into painless and intuitive product workflows.Responsibilities
You will be responsible for defining product designs, including competitive research, outlining player personas, and building out our player and creator scenarios.
- Present Ideas: The clear and confident articulation of your ideas to our creator partners and internal teams alike.
- Engage with community and peer teams to triage, prioritize, and address customer feedback
- Facilitate creation of design systems, including brand identity, brand voice, UI / UX, and aesthetic consistency and coherence
- Make decisions that are data informed. Validate and improve product solutions over time through measurement and experimentation.
- Facilitate creative processes, including design brainstorming and work sessions
- Qualified candidates should have 3+ years of experience as a design creative, experience designer, application design, UX Design or equivalent, including experience with user research, and visual design
- Strong affinity for design thinking. You bring experience in user-centered design, UX design and innovating on behalf of the customer.
- Experience across the entire product lifecycle - from project inception to ship and the know-how required to lead your crew to realize your team's vision.
- Practice's curiosity in the face of ambiguity. Self-starters and innovators with a positive, collaborative can-do attitude and bias for action are very welcome.
- Experience in developing and synthesizing a variety of both qualitative and quantitative research and distilling it into compelling creative direction
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.Benefits and Perks Industry leading healthcareSavings and investmentsGiving programsEducational resourcesMaternity and paternity leaveOpportunities to network and connectDiscounts on products and servicesGenerous time away