As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to "level up" our talent. We're on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment. PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Kin Care & Holidays*
100% Covered Medical and Company-Sponsored Dental & Vision (Plans Vary)*
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More*
Wellness Activities & Programs (Yoga & Zumba)
12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave*
Only applies to full-time positions.ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently looking for a Data Analyst
to join our Product team in the San Francisco studio, working on one of our most well-known titles. You must have an interest in freemium games and are capable of using analytics to drive business decisions regarding the game economy and user experience of our mobile games. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the gaming industry's top talent.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with business leaders to identify and define analytical requirements for teams and projects.
- Using multiple data sources, create reporting and performance monitoring tools and dashboards for end users.
- Understand and effectively communicate trends and analysis on user behavior, player segmentation, virality, and marketing campaigns.
- Continuously develop thorough analysis and conclusive insights that drive decisions and strategies for user acquisition, retention, and monetization.
- Assists in design and implementation of advanced statistical testing for custom problem-solving, like A/B testing.
- Assists in the coordination of various research initiatives.
- Help to create regular presentations for CEO and other team leads to discuss game performance and suggest improvements.
NICE TO HAVE
- Bachelor degree in a business or quantitative discipline (Economics, Statistics) - Master's preferred.
- Experience analyzing very large, multi-dimensional data sets using SQL, excel, statistical software, etc.
- Strong quantitative skills, good working knowledge of advanced statistics and predictive modeling.
- Ability to communicate effectively and combine both technical and business perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to use data to influence decision making and reach out to a broader audience.
- Ability to execute research projects, and generate practical results and recommendations.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
- Experience in top-tier consulting, venture capital, investment bank or social gaming.
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City's global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company's popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.