Crytek is looking for a exceptional Character Artist
to support the HUNT team in our Frankfurt, Germany studio. Sample pictures or a link to a webpage, which shows sample work, are required.
Back to all jobs
- Creating in-game characters from scratch following a concept art or art direction by keeping in mind and following the technical requirements.
- Creating of textures (diffuse, normal map, specular, bump) needed to display a photorealistic human in game.
- Working closely with Tech Art, concept art and other dependent departments throughout the character production process.
- 3+ years of professional experience in a Character Artist capacity.
- Good understanding of anatomy, and representing anatomy in topology.
- Ability to create all textures needed for creating photorealistic looking humans.
- Strong knowledge of human body structure and setup for facial animation.
- Ability to create game ready assets that work well within the given technical limitations.
- Strong knowledge of a 3D modelling software (3DS Max, Maya, Zbrush or other recognized tool)
- Has a strong knowledge of current texturing pipelines (Substance, Quixel and Photoshop)
- Demonstrates a strong ability to create believable photorealistic human characters within a games engine
- Shows a good foundation in human anatomy.
- Ability to creatively translate concepts, ideas into authentic characters with an attention to detail.
- Good English communication and writing skills.
- A positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive, self-motivated and be able to work without direct supervision.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
All 3D Character Artist Candidates must have a portfolio that demonstrates:
- A good eye for character design
- Keen eye on detail and realism
- Organic character elements (such as a human face) and non-organic character elements (such as metal armor).
- High polygon sculpting.
- Texturing on game characters.
- Ability to derive a well structured low-poly model from the high poly model
- Efficient UV layout for low-poly characters
- Experience with game engines (such as CRYENGINE).
- Knowledge of xgen
- Experience with rigging, skinning or animation.
- Game or Film Industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Traditional Art background (including self education) is preferred.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!