Reporting to the COO, the Brand Director is responsible for devising and implementing strategies which will increase Beamdog’s visibility and profile in the gaming industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement strategies to increase brand recognition
- Oversee Public Relations, Marketing and Community Management staff and activities
- Work closely with industry researchers to provide analytics to stakeholders including market segmentation, customer interest profiles, etc.
- Organize marketing research efforts to confirm or adapt the marketing positioning of Beamdog titles
- Oversee the display and presentation of products on all distribution platforms and channels
- Optimize sales and promotional activities in coordination with channel partners
- Design marketing activities that are properly aligned to and in support of the business priorities.Work with the Beamdog community to plan events such as community showcases, discord and twitch streams/ competitions etc.
- Strategic monitoring of the entertainment industry. Use data to identify opportunities to drive improvement in the overall product and service provided by Beamdog.
- 3+ years working in a similar role
- Deeply embedded understanding of, and connections within, the gaming community/industry
- Comprehensive knowledge of sources for industry research and marketing data
- Ability to effectively mentor and manage staff toward a shared vision
- Excellent networking and communication skills
- Proven experience in the industry with recognized titles and/or campaigns
- Post-secondary education in marketing or closely-related field
- Experience managing global marketing campaigns/working with global partners
Beamdog is a fantastic place to work with a friendly and creative atmosphere. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, we're a hardworking team of passionate game developers who love the games we work on. Since 2009, we’ve brought enhanced versions of classic Dungeons & Dragons games and exciting original content to fans new and old. We’re best known for bringing beloved isometric roleplaying games like Baldur’s Gate™ and Planescape: Torment™ back to life on desktop and tablets as Enhanced Editions. We love rich stories where players can chose their own journey and the communities that spring up around them. If you’re excited about storytelling games, Dungeons & Dragons, and classic RPGs, stick around! You haven’t seen anything yet!
We offer the following perks:
- Vision, dental, and health benefits, plus extended healthcare coverage
- RRSP matching program
- Generous time off for vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Transit passes & heated underground parking
- Fully-paid gym memberships
- Lunch and Learns
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
Diversity is fundamentally about valuing human differences and recognizing that a diverse group of people bring with them a diverse set of skills which is necessary to propel our company forward. Beamdog is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.