As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to "level up" our talent for our Bingo team in Toronto. We're on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment. PERKS & BENEFITS
Employer Paid Benefits*
Parental leave and Kin care*
In office lunch and snacks
Company Events such as movie night, trivia, game shows & more...
Fitness Allowance, Training Allowance, Phone Allowance & More!**Only applies to full-time positions.ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a talented Backend Developer
to join our dynamic Backend team to build large, scalable services that are the foundation of the games within our Toronto-based studio. You will have the opportunity to work with some of our industry's most talented individuals while helping us build the foundation for our existing and new games. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Play a meaningful role in our nimble yet disciplined approach to system architecture and team processes which empowers our small team to manage large systems.
- Experience state-of-the-art containerized, microservice architectures for gaming backends.
- Work with the entire scope of a custom, flexible big data/analytics solution with a serverless architecture.
- Take ownership of features/bugs/issues from conception to run in production.
- Build tools and systems to support our colleagues, allowing us all to work better.
- Develop code that is performant, easy to maintain by others, and works as fast, reliable, and consistent user experience by measuring and optimizing the entire technology stack.
- Automate tasks and streamline processes to easily manage a growing server farm.
- Troubleshoot live server issues and establish best practices to prevent future incidents.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources.
- Work across domains, frameworks, and languages to deliver the best engineering possible.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
- Passionate and self-driven! We love engineers who tackle difficult issues and provide innovative solutions.
- Proficient in a variety of languages (e.g. Java, Scala, Python).
- Cloud computing technology (Amazon AWS).
- Linux, networking, and security skills.
- Experience measuring, optimizing, and automating everything.
- Experienced building tech that operates at scale.
- Passion for the tech industry; interest in both existing and emerging technologies.
- Familiarity with the following technologies: Microservices with Spring Boot and Webflux (async non-blocking) frameworks / Big Data / Analytics with Spark and Serverless architecture / ECS, Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, Mysql, Redis, DynamoDB, Redshift / AWS (EC2, EBS, VPC, S3, EMR).
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City's global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company's popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.